What are the benefits of Titanium screws?
As a raw material element for titanium fasteners(titanium screws and titanium bolts), titanium is a very active metal. Compared with traditional stainless steel screws, titanium screws have better flexibility and oxidation resistance and have the stronger compressive ability in high-pressure environments. It is more widely used in various industries. Therefore, in aerospace metals, titanium alloys are selected to be made as parts, and titanium screws are used as connection pieces.
Titanium screws and material advantages:
- Low density and high specific strength: The density of titanium metal is 4.51g/cm3, which is higher than that of aluminum and lower than that of steel, copper, and nickel, but its specific strength ranks first among metals.
- Corrosion resistance: Titanium is a very active metal, its equilibrium potential is very low, and the thermodynamic corrosion tendency in the medium is large. But in fact, titanium is very stable in many media, such as titanium is corrosion-resistant in oxidizing, neutral and weakly reducing media.
- Good heat resistance: The new titanium alloy can be used for a long time at a temperature of 600 ℃ or higher.
- Good low-temperature resistance: Titanium alloy TA7 (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn), TC4 (Ti-6Al-4V), and Ti-2.5Zr-1.5Mo are represented by low-temperature titanium alloys, whose strength increases with the decrease of temperature. increase, but the plastic change is not large. It maintains good ductility and toughness at a low temperature of -196-253 °C and avoids the cold brittleness of metals. It is an ideal material for low-temperature containers, storage tanks, and other equipment.
- Strong anti-dumping performance: After titanium metal is subjected to mechanical vibration and electrical vibration, its own vibration attenuation time is longer than that of steel and copper metals.
- Non-magnetic and non-toxic: Titanium is a non-magnetic metal and will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field. It is non-toxic and has good compatibility with human tissue and blood, so it is used by the medical community.
- Tensile strength is close to its yield strength: This property of titanium shows that its yield-to-strength ratio (tensile strength/yield strength) is high, indicating that the plastic deformation of titanium metal materials is poor during forming. Due to the large ratio of the yield limit to the elastic modulus of titanium, the resilience of titanium during forming is large.
- Good heat exchange performance: Although the thermal conductivity of titanium metal is lower than that of carbon steel and copper, due to the excellent corrosion resistance of titanium, the wall thickness can be greatly reduced, and the heat exchange between the surface and the steam is dropwise condensation. The heat group is reduced, and the thermal resistance can also be reduced without scaling on the surface so that the heat transfer performance of titanium is significantly improved.
- Low modulus of elasticity: The modulus of elasticity of titanium is 106.4 high standard a at room temperature, which is 57% of that of steel.
- Inhalation performance: Titanium screw is a chemically very active metal, which can react with many elements and compounds at high temperatures. Titanium gettering mainly refers to the reaction with carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen at high temperatures.
Applications for Titanium Fasteners
It can often be seen that, for example, titanium screws in mobile phones, the main raw material is titanium metal, and titanium products such as titanium screws will be used more and more widely in our lives.Of course, titanium materials such as titanium screws are mainly used in some relatively high-end precision industries, such as aerospace engineering, heart stents, etc. Let’s take a detailed look at which industries titanium materials such as titanium screws are used in. What specific applications are there?
In the development process of the nuclear industry, titanium metal parts such as titanium screws are indispensable parts. In the construction process of the nuclear reactor, many parts of the pipeline and related parts, in addition to the use of hafnium zirconium metal, also need a lot of With the continuous development of the nuclear industry, the value of titanium metal will also continue to increase. Application of titanium screws and related titanium materials in the nuclear industry, automobile industry, and aviation industry
Titanium is an indispensable metal in the racing industry, because of its high quality and high strength, it is deeply loved by enterprise manufacturers. Of course, materials such as carbon fiber have appeared in recent years, but they still cannot shake the role of titanium in the racing industry’s dominance. With the development of the entire automobile industry, titanium metal will not only be used in the manufacture of racing cars but will also be widely used in the civilian automobile industry. Among them, the use of titanium metal materials in Japanese automobiles has exceeded 600 tons. Of course, the global automobile industry has sped up the use of titanium materials.
I believe everyone is familiar with the widespread use of titanium materials in the aerospace industry. After all, my country’s aerospace industry has achieved great development, so there will be no shortage of related introductions. Therefore, in the media reports, we also realize that my country’s Space rockets and space capsules will use titanium metal, and the amount of titanium used in civil aircraft accounts for about 20 to 25% of the weight of the frame; in addition, strategic rocket engines, spacecraft, artificial satellite antennas, etc. with titanium. Of course, titanium screws and related titanium materials are also widely used in other industries.
My name is Betty Lee, I’m the business manager of Heatfastener. I have been in the fastener industry for more than 15 years. Feel free to contact us. I’m happy to provide you with the best service and products.
Email: Sales@heatfastener.com|Phone/Whatsapp/Wechat:+86 15018478409
CUSTOMER ALSO VIEW
Are you looking for screw manufacturers?
24hours online Service